Since SuperCam is optimized for high-definition video, the requirements are a bit stricter than those for EasyCam. You’ll need:
- Microsoft Windows XP (Service Pack 2 or 3), Windows Vista, Windows 7 or 8. Sorry, Mac OS support is not available for SuperCam at this time.
- A webcam, video camera with USB output, or capture card and video camera that’s Microsoft DirectShow compliant – most video cameras made in the last few years will work. If you are using a webcam and want the highest-quality video, you will need one with HD support such as the Logitech HD series, the Microsoft LifeCam Cinema series, or other HD-quality webcam.
- A microphone will be required if you wish to offer audio. Many webcams and cameras have one built right-in. SuperCam will support stereo audio if your microphone has this feature.
- 1GB of RAM, though more is always better, especially if you will be running other applications at the same time as SuperCam.
- At least 20MB of free disk space.
When you sign in your session, the system will automatically select the best quality setting based on your system and available bandwidth. Although you have the ability to change this, we recommend that you do not. If you select a setting that your system cannot handle, your video will be choppy and of very poor quality. This lack of quality may not be apparent on your end, but will be seen by users viewing your room.
Here are the settings and their requirements:
- SuperCam Premium HD: – Intel Core I5 2.7 GHz or equivalent processor, with 1.5 mbps UPLOAD bandwidth PER SESSION/SCREENNAME.
- SuperCam Advanced: – Intel I3 2.5 GHz or equivalent processor, with 550 Kb/s UPLOAD bandwidth PER SESSION/SCREENNAME.
- SuperCam Standard: – Intel I3 2.0 GHz or equivalent processor, with 350 Kb/s UPLOAD bandwidth PER SESSION/SCREENNAME.